Taking care of your skin is crucial at every stage of your life for maintaining a healthy and glowing tone. However, with so many products on the market, it can be overwhelming to know which ones to use. That's why natural skincare is a great option - it's gentle, effective, and affordable. In this article, we are sharing natural skin care tips from mothers of MothersO'Pedia.
Cleanse with a gentle, natural cleanser
Avoid harsh chemicals that can strip your skin of its natural oils and cause irritation. Some natural ingredients to look for in a cleanser include aloe vera, chamomile, and lavender in your cleanser or you can use products from your kitchen. natural cleansing properties
Here's a list of 5 homemade natural cleansers easily available in your kitchen cabinet to help clean your face and make it glow naturally.
- Milk. Milk acts as a perfect facial cleanser as it has lactic acid that helps remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Tomatoes, just rub it and see the difference
- Honey, Prefer the organic one
- Potatoes, yes potatoes having natural bleaching properties help you in cleansing
- Apple Cider Vinegar, only if your skin is ok with it.
MOMS TIP- TAKE A PATCH TEST ALWAYS BEFORE YOU APPLY ANYTHING ON YOUR SKIN.
Moisturize with a natural moisturizer
Moisturizing is also an essential step in any skincare routine. A good moisturizer will keep your skin hydrated and prevent dryness and flakiness. Look for a natural moisturizer that is free from synthetic fragrances and chemicals. Some natural ingredients to look for in a moisturizer include shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil
Here's a list of 5 homemade natural moisturizers easily available in your kitchen cabinet to hydrate your skin
- Coconut oil, apply at night. Please don't overdo it, or else it would clog your pores.
- Aloe vera gel with rose water works wonders.
- Almond oil and rose water.
- Apply cold green tea mix with honey.
MOMS TIP - DIY moisturizer for you that you can create, and store in the fridge- mix aloe vera gel, glycerine, rose water, vitamin E capsule for extra hydration, mix it till fluffly and voila your hommade moisturizer is ready)
Use a natural face mask once a week
Using a natural face mask once a week can help to deep cleanse your pores and remove impurities. Look for a natural face mask that contains ingredients like clay, charcoal, or honey. or create one at home
Here's a list of homemade natural masks that you can create at home with kitchen ingredients
- Oatmeal mask - Yes create an oatmeal mask by dipping oats in milk and applying it.
- Curd, aloe vera gel with honey- My personal favorite
- Banana pack- create mixing honey and you are ready to experience a flood of hydration on your face.
- Honey and Egg mask
MOMS TIP- Start applying oil on the full body and face while bathing and rinse it with lukewarm water. Its time to say goodbye to flakey skin.
Exfoliate once a week with a natural scrub
Avoid scrubs that contain microbeads or other harsh exfoliants that can harm the skin.
Here's a list of homemade natural scrubs that you can create at home with kitchen ingredients
- Coconut oil and brown sugar Scrub
- Gram flour and Yogurt Scrub
- Oats, honey, aloe vera gel Scrub
- Brown sugar and oil Scrub
- Coffee, Oil, and Honey Scrub
MOMS TIP - Please don't over-scrub your skin. Gently do it with any mashed fruit(Like papaya, banana, or pineapple) mixed with coconut oil and sugar. You will thanks us later for this tip.
Protect your skin from the sun
Protecting your skin from the sun is crucial for preventing premature aging and skin damage.
Your skin doctor/dermatologist can suggest you an apt sunscreen for your skin, according to your skin. Look for a sunscreen that contains natural ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
Create a simple and effective natural skincare routine that will keep your skin looking its best and that you can follow thoroughly without just dropping it after some time.