Getting butterflies in your tummy? You must be so excited and, and course confused about what to pack for yourself and your little one while going to the hospital for delivery.
Preparing for the arrival of your baby is an exciting and joyful time, and one of the most important tasks is packing your hospital bag for the delivery. Moms of mothersopedia have listed down a list of essential items that have to be packed while leaving home for delivery.
For the Mother:
- Photo ID and Hospital Documents: Your Aadhar card, hospital registration papers, and any necessary medical records.
- Comfortable Clothing: Loose, front-opening nightgowns or maternity-specific clothing for easy access during labor and breastfeeding.
- Maternity Bras and Nursing Pads: Supportive and comfortable bras with nursing pads for breastfeeding.
- Comfortable Underwear: High-waisted underwear to support postpartum belly, or disposable underwear/ maternity underwear that can absorb blood after the delivery.
- Slippers and Socks: Non-slip, easy-to-wear footwear for moving around the hospital. Socks are useful because a new mother usually feels chilly after delivery.
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, Lip Balm, facial wipes, and other personal hygiene items.
- Water: Water is a must while having labor pains, and of course after the delivery too.
- Breast Pump (optional): If you plan to pump breast milk while in the hospital, pack your breast pump.
- Headscarf: New mother complaints about headaches post delivery because their body become vulnerable,and they feel tired due to fatigue of labour.
- Snacks: You will need loads of energy during waiting for yor water to break, and even alos after your dlever, dontforget to Pack some snacks for you and your attendants.
For the Baby:
- Baby Clothes: A set of newborn-sized clothing, atleast three sets of tshirts and bottoms, 2-3 full bodysuits, and vests. Consider the climate at the time of your baby's birth.
- Baby Accessories: Atleast two pair of Socks, few bibs, 2 mittens, 2 caps, 5-6 cotton napkins should be packed for your baby in your hospital bag.
- Swaddle Sheet: A soft and breathable swaddle blanket for the baby. Prefer Muslin wrapping sheets/swaddling sheets for extra warmth and layer to the baby. Dont forget swaddnlg your child while making them sleep.
- Diapers and Wipes: Newborn-sized/ Preemi sized diapers and softest baby wipes, and cotton.
- Diaper sheet/ Dry sheet: forr changing diapers and givng some diaper free time to newborn to avoid rahses.
- Baby Blanket: A cozy and warm blanket for the baby.
- Baby Towel: Soft baby towel should be packed for baby's first bath at the hopsital. Prefer one with the hood.
- Feeding Supplies: If you plan to bottle-feed, bring bottles and formula (if not breastfeeding). You might get the same from hospital itself.
- Baby Toiletries (Optional): While not essential for the hospital stay, you can bring baby-specific toiletries like baby shampoo, lotion, and mild soap if you prefer to use your chosen products.
- Pacifier (Optional): If you intend to offer a pacifier, bring one as it can be soothing for some babies.
LOVE AND SUPPORT ALWAYS...!!